CODE OF CONDUCT FOR THE STUDENTS
The Code of Conduct details the policy of G D Goenka Public School Ghaziabad about appropriate student behavior, as well as procedures for disciplinary action. The Code is designed to emphasize the importance of creating safe, welcoming school environment that supports student learning.
- GENERAL DEPORTMENT
- Our students should be polite and disciplined wherever they go. They should always remember that the school is judged by the conduct of its students.
- They should greet all the teachers, helpers and other staff members whenever and wherever they meet them.
- Bullying, use of foul language and vulgar behaviour will lead to strict action.
- They should never be cruel and should know that cruelty is the trait of a bully while kindness is the mark of a gentleman.
- They should look upon people from all parts of the world and all walks of life as their brethren irrespective of their caste, colour and creed.
- UNIFORM/DRESS CODE
- Hair must be regularly trimmed. It must not cover the forehead or touch the collar. Girls must tie their hair in neat ponytails or plaits. Only red hairclips / hair bands must be worn.
- Blazer is a part of the winter uniform and must be worn.
- They should take pride in wearing their school uniform. They should not wear the school uniform in any public place outside school, without prior permission.
- Proper length of skirts (Not above the knee) and shorts must be adhered to. Black shoes must be as defined in the uniform.
- All students should have clipped nails. Girls are not permitted to wear nail paint.
- Students are not permitted to wear expensive or flashy jewellery, watches and other accessories.
- If earrings must be worn then they must be small hoops or studs. Nose rings, bangles, rings, bracelets, tattoos, mehendi, hair colouring of any kind are strictly not permitted.
- ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
- Students are expected to have strict adherence to school timings. Students will not be permitted to enter the school after commencement of school time and can be asked to go back.
- If students arrive late to school, parents will be called to take the children back. Latecomers will not be allowed to attend the regular classes in order to maintain the decorum of the school.
- The school also provides provision of dropping the latecomers back only after the written consent is given by the parents.
- Students must report to class on time after break or activity periods.
- For private commuters, the Departure must be from the designated gates only. No child will be handed over to the escort in the absence of the supervision card. If in case there is no supervision card, it is mandatory to take the exit slip from the school reception.
- Students must board the school bus within 5 minutes of dispersal. Entry in the buses will be prohibited after the due time.
- CLASSROOM EXPECTATIONS
- They should respect the aesthetics of the classroom and of the school premises and report any damage caused, to the teachers. Students must not litter classrooms, subject rooms, laboratories and corridors.
- They should stand when any teacher or visitor enters the classroom.
- They should never hesitate to say ‘NO’ when asked or tempted to do a thing, which they know is wrong.
- They should not waste their time in idle gossip.
- No shouting or whistling is allowed in or around the school building. Running in corridors is strictly prohibited.
- Throwing things outside the window, physically hurting anyone inside the classroom, in the corridor or outside the school, throwing any object at anyone is strictly forbidden.
- BEHAVIOUR CODE
- Students must converse in English ONLY during school hours.
- Courtesy and politeness will be the hallmark of the pupils, who must greet all staff member, visitors and elders, showing due respect at all times.
- Classroom discipline should be maintained.
- Pupils must avoid loud talk in and out of classes, and also chorus answer. Silence in corridors, in the library and laboratories is a must.
- Damage to school property will be penalized.
- PUNCTUALITY and REGULARITY, LEAVE OF ABSENCE
- Students must have a minimum attendance of 75% during the academic year in order to take the school examinations.
- In case of missing school, a leave application must be presented to the school duly signed by the parents/guardian.
- Repeated absence without leave or unexplained absence for more than 10 consecutive days renders the student liable to have his/her name struck off the rolls.
- In case of absenteeism due to illness, students must present a medical certificate to the school.
- Long leave may only be taken with the prior permission of the Principal and application in triplets must be sent to school for the same.
- No Student is permitted to leave school during school hours without a valid permission slip from the Principal/Co-ordinator.
- Students will not bunk classes while in school. Strict action will be taken against defiance of this rule.
- EXAMINATION CODE
- They should never cheat, be unfair, steal from others or borrow others’ belonging during the Examination. If caught doing so, the Examination will be cancelled.
- In case of absence from the examination, NO RETEST WILL BE HELD. (CASES UNDER MEDICAL CRITERIA WILL BE INDIVIDUALLY CATERED TO)
- Retest for the Final examination will not be conducted under any circumstances. Average marks will be awarded to the child.
- In case of full working day, students are not allowed to leave after the periodic test under any circumstances. Medical cases will be attended to only at the sole discretion of the Principal.
- SCHOOL DOCUMENTS
- The almanac and school identity card must be brought everyday.
- Notebooks must be maintained properly and kept neatly. Time-table must be austerely followed.
- All worksheets and exit cards must be pasted in the notebook itself.
- Under no circumstances will the private commuters be sent back home without showing the ESCORT cards at the gate.
- MOBILE OR DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY
- Students are not permitted to carry mobile phones in the school premises. In case a student has to carry a phone for extraneous reasons, arrangements will be made to deposit the phone at the school office during school hours. If not done, the school has the right to confiscate the mobile phone.
- Students will not indulge in inappropriate use of the school computers or networks.
- Students are not permitted to bring valuable electronic devices (ipods, laptops, cameras, tablets etc).
- Strict action will be taken if it comes to the notice of the school authorities that any student is involved in possession and circulation of inappropriate digital content on mobile devices.
- BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION POLICY –
- No child must bring any gifts for distribution either to the teachers or to their peers. Distribution of pens as gifts to teachers is also strictly prohibited.
- The Birthday child should bring a Sapling with his/her name written on the pot for the school.
- Toffees or Chocolates (if sent for distribution) must cost under Rs.10 only. No juice/chips/other goodies will be distributed. We will send the packet back if the parents do not adhere to the birthday policy.
- Casual but decent birthday dresses can be worn be worn by children of Pre-Nur to III ONLY. Students of Classes IV- XII must come to school in their UNIFORM ONLY on their birthday.
- BEHAVIOUR IN THE BUS
Be ready in the morning at the scheduled time and place for the school bus to arrive
- Students shall not:
- Play on the road or street while waiting for the bus.
- Put their head or hands out of the windows.
- Mar or deface the school bus.
- Smoke or use intoxicants while on the bus.
- Fight on the school bus.
- Strike or threaten bus driver or bus attendant or use profane language.
- Throw objects inside or out of the bus.
- Students are not allowed to upload any school photograph (On the social media). Any student indulging in such an activity on the social media will face disciplinary action.
- STUDENTS ARE PROHIBITED TO BRING TO SCHOOL-
- Any objectionable literature
- Any valuable items
- Any equipment /material like scissors, paper cutters etc. which may cause injury or hurt to others.
- Any chewing gums.
- Any mobile phones, electronic gadgets, CD’s etc.
- ANTI-BULLYING POLICY
The school will show zero-tolerance to any of the following acts of bullying done by its students-
- Physical – hitting, kicking, spitting, pushing, pulling, taking and/or damaging personal belongings or extorting money, blocking or impeding student and employee movement, or unwelcome physical contact.
- Verbal – taunting, malicious teasing, insulting, name calling, making threats, or telephone calls.
- Psychological – spreading rumors, manipulating social relationships, coercion, or engaging in social exclusion/shunning, extortion, or intimidation.
- Cyber Bullying – the use of information and communication technologies such as e-mail, cell phone text messages, instant messaging, defamatory personal websites, computers, other electronic devices, and defamatory online personal polling websites, to support deliberate, repeated, and hostile behavior by an individual or group that is intended to harm, humiliate, tease, intimidate, or harass others.
- MONETARY TRANSACTIONS
- The school never asks for any money through verbal messages. Money required, if any, will be notified through a School Circular only.
- Students are not allowed to have money in their possession in the Campus except for the limited amount for the canteen.
- The limit for the canteen is Rs. 100 ONLY. Students will have to adhere to this limit failing which, the money will be confiscated.
IMPORTANT GUIDELINES FOR THE PARENTS
It is the responsibility of the Parents to inform the school about their child’s specific ailment/allergies etc. in writing such that the school is ready to attend to any emergency.
- Parents must ensure that they follow all the points mentioned in the code of conduct.
- Parents must ensure that they send their child in proper uniform and drop them to school 10 minutes before the school morning timings.
- Almanac is the medium of communication and Letters sent (if any) must be sent in triplets.
- Class Teacher must be the first counter for all kinds of Communication.
- PTM must be attended regularly for bridging the gap. Report cards will not be sent home through students if parents fail to attend the PTM.
- Parents must read all the circulars carefully and abide by the instructions given in them.
- Parents must act as partners with the school and not form groups to demean the sanctity of the institution. The school reserves the right to take immediate action against parents who are involved in anti-school activities.
- We consider Private Commuting as a risk factor for the students and parents are solely responsible for their child’s safety and security in case he/she is a private commuter.
- Children under the age of 18 are not allowed to drive/ride any motor vehicle. If caught doing so, the vehicle will be confiscated.
PLEASE REFER TO THE SCHOOL ALMANAC FOR SCHOOL GUIDELINES AND SCHOOL UNIFORM POLICIES.
I, Mr/Mrs. _________________________ F/O _______________________________ studying in Class _________________ Sec __________________ acknowledge the receipt of the following Forms in the Session 2019-20.
- Club of Choice Form (I-X)
- Sports Of Choice Form (IV-X)
- DTM(Dance/Theatre/ Music) Form (VI-X)
- Swimming Fitness Form (Pre-Nur to X)
- Photo Identity Card Form and Temporary ID Card
- Bus Undertaking Form
- Bus Allotment Form (New Admissions Only)
I, hereby, declare that I have received and read the Code of Conduct of G D Goenka Public School Ghaziabad. I ensure that there will not be a breach of conduct and I promise that I and my child will abide by the rules laid down by the School.